Your products and services have a carbon footprint – and people are starting to notice.
Your carbon footprint is the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions resulting from raw materials sourcing, manufacturing, transportation, packaging, marketing, sales processes, use and disposal. Seeing a dramatic rise in the number of “green” consumers and facing increased scrutiny from NGOs and the media, forward-thinking companies are increasingly looking to address CO2 emissions. In addition to working to reduce emissions through energy efficiency and other initiatives, carbon offsets are a meaningful way to address emissions and achieve carbon neutrality in the near-term. With Offset Options, you can:
- Offer carbon neutral products and services through simple and seamless integration into existing sales applications, empowering customers to choose carbon neutrality by providing the option to purchase offsets online or in-store.
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility and easily communicate this action to your customers.
- Build a positive brand image and competitive advantage in a market with growing customer awareness.
Offset Options’ technology-based carbon offsetting and communications solution follows a simple process: (click to view tab):
Carbon Assessments: Offset Options can assist in the assessment of your product or service’s carbon emissions (also called carbon footprint) to establish a baseline of current performance and identify opportunities for reduction and increased efficiencies. We can help to establish emissions reductions targets where appropriate and develop the best carbon offset programme to address remaining emissions, engaging your stakeholders including employees, customers and others.
For some services – such as travel – Offset Options technology facilitates real-time emissions assessments, allowing for customized footprinting at the point of sale.
Offset Options’ assessments are based on international standards including:
- GHG Protocol: A Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard
- AS /ISO 14000 Life Cycle Assessment Series
- AS /ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases
Quality and Choice: An expansive listing of suppliers and project types across the globe, offering a portfolio of only the highest quality offsets from Gold Standard, Voluntary Carbon Standard, and Climate Action Reserve allowing you to:
- Compare different carbon offset suppliers, making it easy for you to be an informed purchaser.
- Access a wide variety of carbon offsets from different types of projects (energy efficiency, renewable, reforestation) certified by the highest standards, ensuring projects that are real, measurable, permanent, additional, independently verified and unique.
- Allows for relevant and real–time offering to you and your customers.
Affordability: Global scale, combined with the marketplace model of transparency, makes offset purchases more affordable, at any volume.
Turnkey Sales Integration: Offset Options boasts turnkey data-services and seamless integration with any IT application. Easily integrate carbon offset offerings into your sales process making products, services, and events "carbon neutral".
- Real-time, seamless integration between our carbon offset marketplace and your sales infrastructure via data services.
- Offsets can be pre–selected to ensure a relevant offering based on geography or either criteria (such as project type).
- All projects are listed in multiple languages and may be offered in multiple currencies.
- Additional services focusing on innovative ways for you and your customers to engage with the carbon markets.
Social Media Communication: Offset Options tools make it easy for customers to tell their friends they’ve just made a carbon neutral purchase – sharing their environmental action (and your brand) – via integrated social media tools. Customers feel great about taking action, and this content helps you to reach new audiences. Offset Options tools help you to translate your offset offering into awareness and traffic.
Contact us today to see how we can help you get in your customers’ social media streams including:
- and more!